Baby Steps

My Facebook group for the Me & Korea Mosaic Tour is getting updated a LOT with people discussing their flights, where they want to go, what they want to see, and do...

And I'm just over here like:

OMG I gotta find a flight. . . sees fares. . .  gets sticker shocked. . . finds something else to do. . . looks at phone again. . . back to step 1 

One of the recent posts describes when we will get to go to our adoption agency. I'll go to my agency, Eastern Social Welfare Society, on June 25th. I wonder how many other adoptees will join me there. Most likely, I'll be the elder representative.

. . . since I've been here.

Honestly, I think that one of the reasons I've never really dealt with all this is because it's just. so. much. Beyond the emotions, there are numerous logistical steps to take when you're uncovering your roots half a planet away.

One of the things that appeals to me about this tour is that I'm not going through the process alone, though. Every day, I get some kind of reminder to do something - send in a birth search form, pay my deposit, complete a questionnaire, etc. I like the feeling that somebody is guiding me through this, whereas before, I just sort of got to things when I had the time and gumption. And that's exactly why it's taken me so long to do any Seoul searching.

Me: This is kinda scary. I'm glad you're here.
Me & Korea: I got you, l'il buddy, we're gonna get this done together. 

So, even though I still get a rush of feelings when I see an email from them, or there's a new notification of activity in the Facebook group, it's really, really exciting.

Comments

Popular Posts