Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Auf Wiedersehen

About a year ago, I started this blog. And what a year it's been! To recap, I:

1. quit smoking (Yay for me!)
2. got pregnant after believing I never would
3. had a kid

I had originally wanted to write only about snarky, tongue-in-cheek life observations like these, but they really take a LOT of time to create, what with all the pictures and editing and whatnot. Humph.

I wanted a place to vent about minor social frustrations like these.

I also wanted to have a way to get stuff off my chest, have a forum for conversing about semi-deep thoughts and/or personal stuff like this.

However.

I have a career as a full-time teacher in a public school. If you know anything about the state of public education in today's climate, you know educators are under a lot of pressure. Everything you hear (and more) is true. Summer is winding down and I'm about to undertake my 6th year of teaching.

But this time I'll be doing it as somebody's mommy.

I simply don't have the wherewithall to keep up a blog, a job, and be a good parent. In case you didn't already know, I'm pretty type-A. I'd like to get stuff done well, or not do them at all.

So with sadness and smiles I must say, "Goodbye" to my short stint as a blogger. I had really wanted so much more for my little slice of the internet, but maybe it's for another time.

I do have a feeling that I'll be seeing you again, though. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sad to see you go, but glad to hear there is PLENTY to keep you busy! Hope the school year is a phenomenal success and being a Mommy continues to be a wonderful adventure.

    {ok, and, come back soon!!!!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sad, but I understand how this doesn't make the priority list. I am a terrible blogger, and I only work part time and stay at home with babies the rest. Good luck in the upcoming school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big year, indeed! This is your sixth year teaching already? Sheesh, where does the time go? Anyhoo, I'm glad there is such a handsome little reason for quitting the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally get it. Major respect for this awesome-teacher-comedian-momma!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are awesome. Write some.